What are podcasts? They are online audio programs that you can listen to on portable MP3 players, iPod or mobile device, cell phone or through your computer.
Below are a series of podcasts that relate to brain injury. If you have a podcast that you would like to share, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Northeast Center for Special Care Podcasts
- A Sound Constitution Radio Podcasts
- Center for Disease Control (USA) Podcasts
Northeast Center for Special Care Podcasts
If you have 30 minutes to spare and would like more detailed information about various traumatic brain injury topics, along with links to more resources, sit back and listen to these informative podcasts. (Topics include: movement disorders, neuro-optometry, balance and dizziness, sexuality, sleep disorders, spasticity, impairments of consciousness, domestic violence, seizures, neuroscience for everyone, service dogs, headache, when should TBI rehab be discontinued, behavioural supports, substance abuse, MTBI, concussion, visual rehab, introduction to TBI, neurofeedback, ventilator care.) Here is a sample from their library:
Traumatic Brain Injury
- Podcast #006: Providing Community-Based Services to Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Podcast #007: Helping People with Traumatic Brain Injury who have Cognitive and Behavioral Challenges at the Community Level
- Podcast #008: Concussion and Brain Injury
- Podcast #010: Visual Rehabilitation After Traumatic Brain Injury
- Podcast #011: What is Mild Traumatic Brain Injury?
- Podcast #012: Traumatic Brain Injury and Substance Abuse
- Podcast #014: Positive Behavioral Supports in Traumatic Brain Injury
- Podcast #015: When Should TBI Rehabilitation be Discontinued?
- Podcast #016: A Pain in the Brain - The Problem of Headache After Traumatic Brain Injury
- Podcast #017: Mothers Against Brain Injury
- Podcast #024: Seizure and Brain Injury
- Podcast #027: Spasticity After Traumatic Brain Injury
- Podcast #028: Sleep Disorders and Brain Injury
- Podcast #029: Sexuality and Brain Injury
- Podcast #030: Balance and Dizziness After Traumatic Brain Injury
- Podcast #032: Movement Disorders and TBI
View all Northeast Centre podcasts at: http://www.northeastcenter.com/podcast.htm
A Sound Constitution
A show talking about how we can keep our brain, and our families brain sharp and functioning. Guest speaker Gary Anaka talks to us all about brain health.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Heads Up! Play it Safe When it Comes to Concussions CDC's Dr. Julie Gilchrist discusses the “Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports” tool kit, which provides information on preventing, recognizing, and responding to a concussion.
Head's Up! CDC has developed Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports — a free tool kit to help youth sports coaches, parents, and athletes recognize and respond to concussion symptoms.
Listen (6:43) | Listen (0:59)
Know the Facts: Understand ConcussionThis podcast discusses concussions and provides information to help people better understand concussion.
What You Need to Know About ConcussionThis podcast provides the essential facts about concussions and describes symptoms, danger signs, and ways to recover and heal after a concussion.
Taking Care After a ConcussionThis podcast describes how to take care of yourself after a concussion, including proper recognition and response recommendations.
Talking to Your Patients: A Clinician´s Guide to Treating Mild Traumatic Brain Injury This podcast describes how to talk to your patients and provide health information about mild traumatic brain injury (mild TBI) that may help ease their concerns and can give them tools to help speed their recovery.
In this Section
The mission of Brainstreams.ca is provide 24/7 access to information and resources for the thousands of people who experience brain injury in BC and beyond each year.
We are actively seeking collaborators who share our vision to build Brainstreams.ca into a world-class online knowledge hub.
To explore partnership opportunities with Brainstreams.ca, contact Sarah Lowis at Sea to Sky Management at email@example.com.