Headway Centre - Strive Living Society
Headway offers a variety of inclusive programs that assist participants in working towards their social, leisure, recreation, educational, vocational and wellness goals. Scheduled and Drop-in programs are offered Monday to Friday during Centre hours. Please note we are closed for all statutory holidays.
Click here for more information about our programs or to view our event calendar.
Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Scheduled Programs Include:
- Arts and Craft Classes
- Community Outings
- Tai Chi
- Stretch & Strength
- Cooking/Baking Class
- Speaker’s Corner
- And much more!
Drop in Activities Include:
- Card and Board Games
- Wii Games
- Coffee Chat
- Internet Café
- Member Volunteering
Additional Services at Headway
- Initial assessment by a Recreation Therapist to identify goals and ongoing support to achieve goals
- Interpersonal Skill Development
- Leisure Education
- Community Resources/Reintegration
- Daily Living Skill Development
- Building Social Supports
In order to become a Headway Member, you must meet these criteria:
- Members must have experienced a brain injury and be between the ages of 19 and 64.
- Members must be able to get to and from the Headway Centre independently or with the support of a care provider.
- Members requiring any personal assistance must be accompanied by their own attendant.
- Members without attendants must be able to manage their own medications and self-care needs.
- Members must not act disruptively or pose a health or safety risk to other members and staff.
*There is no membership fee to join the Headway program.
In this section:
The mission of Brainstreams.ca is provide 24/7 access to information and resources for the thousands of people who experience brain injury in BC and beyond each year.
We are actively seeking collaborators who share our vision to build Brainstreams.ca into a world-class online knowledge hub.
To explore partnership opportunities with Brainstreams.ca, contact Sarah Lowis at Sea to Sky Management at firstname.lastname@example.org.