Vancouver Brain Injury Assocaition
Vancouver Brain Injury Association’s mission is to fill a devastating void for Vancouver and North Shore brain injury survivors by investigating the program needs of the Vancouver and North Shore brain injury community and providing those programs that are currently unavailable.
Vancouver Brain Injury Association’s mission is also to connect brain injury survivors, their families and caregivers to resources that are available by liaising with community and government organizations, and introducing them to our clients.
Our mandate is:
- To serve as an advocate for brain injury survivors’ individual needs and concerns to the best of our abilities and resources.
- To investigate the program needs of the Vancouver and North Shore brain injury community and provide those programs that are currently unavailable.
- To provide a venue through which members of the public may contribute to the support of brain injury survivors and their caregivers.
- To assist and support brain injury survivors in reaching appropriate agencies and support.
- To use Trauma Informed Practices (TIP) in our society and to provide access to Trauma Informed Practices training to other agencies.
- To support inclusion and to not discriminate on the basis of factors including but not limited to gender, race, religion, socioeconomic status, physical or cognitive abilities, age, sexual orientation, or ethnicity.
The North Shore Advocay Group hosts a monthly support meet-up for brain injury survivors at two different locations.
Lions Gate Hospital
Evergreen Boardroom at Lions Gate Hospital
231 East 15 Street
- every 4th Thursday of the month
Location: Charwell Churchill House
150 West 29th Street
North Vancouver Meeting Times:
- Every second Tuesday of the month (beginning Sept. 2016)
Register to make sure you get a seat. To register or refer someone please call: 604-779-2472 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The North Shore Advocay Group also hosts a weekly drop-in meet-up for brain injury survivors called Brain Recovery Fridays.
North Shore Neighbourhood House
225 East 2nd Street
- For more information call: 604-779-2472
- For directions to the location call: 604-987-8138
In this section:
The mission of Brainstreams.ca is provide 24/7 access to information and resources for the thousands of people who experience brain injury in BC and beyond each year.
We are actively seeking collaborators who share our vision to build Brainstreams.ca into a world-class online knowledge hub.
To explore partnership opportunities with Brainstreams.ca, contact Sarah Lowis at Sea to Sky Management at email@example.com.