If you use the Brainstreams website (the "Website") you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Access to the Website and content
- We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to the Website.
- We reserve the right to change, or remove without notice any information on the Website.
- We assume no responsibility for the contents of any other websites to which the Website has links.
The material posted on Brainstreams forums does not represent the views of the Pacific Coast Brain Injury Conference Society, its Board of Directors or its staff. The public forums on Brainstreams.ca and the opinions contained on the site are strictly those of the registered users who create and upload content.
Exclusions of liability
- We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the data on the Website is accurate and to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. We do not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted by third parties for posting on the Website and you should be aware that such information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on the Website. We do not guarantee that the Website will be fault free and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
- Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted on to the Website, any liability we may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access the Website, or from any use of the Website or reliance on the data transmitted using the Website, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall we be liable for any loss of profit, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of the Website, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- We do not give any warranty that the Website is free from viruses or anything else which may have a harmful effect on any technology.
User name and password
- On registering with us, you are issued with a user name and password which must be used in order to access certain restricted parts of the Website. The user name and password are personal to you and are not transferable.
- Your name and password are the methods used by us to identify you and so are very important. You are responsible for all information posted on the Website by anyone using your user name and password. Any breach of security of a user name and password should be notified to us immediately.
- You may not adapt or circumvent the systems in place in connection with the Website nor access the Website other than through normal operations.
Data submitted by users
- We accept no liability for data supplied by any user for display on the Website and the limitations in condition 4 above (Exclusions of liability) apply.
- If you submit data for display on the Website you are responsible for ensuring that the data is accurate, complete and up to date and for updating that data where necessary.
- If you submit data for display on the Website you are responsible for ensuring that no data is uploaded or submitted which is untrue, defamatory, obscene or abusive or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable laws or rights of third parties.
- You warrant that you have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that any data you upload or otherwise submit to the Website is free from viruses and anything else which may have a contaminating or destructive effect on any part of the Website or any other technology.
- We reserve the right (without limiting our rights to seek other remedies) to remove offending material placed on the Website that we consider to constitute a misuse of the Website or which is otherwise harmful to other users of the Website.
- You will indemnify us for any claim or loss (including without limitation, economic loss) suffered by us arising out of your failure to observe any of the terms of these conditions.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will collect and use information supplied by you and other users of the Website to improve the Website and personalize your experience when you visit the Website.
- We may terminate your access to the Website and the services within it with written notice to you, including via email or online notice.
- All disclaimers, indemnities and exclusions in this agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement for any reason.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- We may modify these terms and conditions at any time by publishing the modified terms and conditions on the Website.
Attention: Privacy Officer
Pacific Coast Brain Injury Conference Society
c/o Sea to Sky Meeting Management Inc.
Suite 206, 201 Bewicke Avenue North
Vancouver, B.C. V7M 3M7
Please visit the Privacy Commissioner of Canada's website at http://www.privcom.gc.ca for more information on the Privacy Acts above.
The mission of Brainstreams.ca is provide 24/7 access to information and resources for the thousands of people who experience brain injury in BC and beyond each year.
We are actively seeking collaborators who share our vision to build Brainstreams.ca into a world-class online knowledge hub.
To explore partnership opportunities with Brainstreams.ca, contact Sarah Lowis at Sea to Sky Management at email@example.com.